Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip Spelt Cookies


1 1/2 c almond butter
2 1/4 c spelt flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 c maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c chocoalte chips

In a large bowl combine the flour, soda and salt. In a seperate bowl combine the almond butter with maple syrup and vanilla.  Combine the wet and dry and then fold in chocolate chips.

Roll into balls and flatten slightly. Place on baking sheet or bar pan that is what I cook all my cookies on. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool 5 min and transfer to cooling rack. 

Again another healthy batch of yummy healthy vegan cookies my family couldnt keep their hands off. I made these last night and next time know I will definitely double them since they went so fast. Spelt flour is wheat but is the lowest gluten count of wheat. I used yummy raw almond butter from Trader's Joes and was very inexpensive compared to some almond butters. Also there is a good deal on maple syrup this month that is almost over on Amazon. If you click on the link in the recipe you will see it. For chocolate chips I used Enjoy LIfe which are also are sale for the month of November and if you havent printed the number of coupons on their website like I have than they could be cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment