Sunday, July 4, 2010

No bake flax and oat chocolate chip bars

1/4 c honey
2 Tbsp sucant
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 c almond butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp gr flaxseed
1 c oats
1 c crispy rice ceral
1/2 c chocolate chips

In a saucepan, warm the honey, sucant and coconut oil for a couple min. Stir in the almond butter, vanilla and stir and until smooth. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool a couple minutes. Stir in flaxseed, oats and ceral. Stir in chocolate chips. Press firmly into 8x8 pan and place into freezer to chill for 30min.  Cut into bars and  keep in refrigertaor.

These are so delicious and were made twice in the last week and never lasted. For oats I used Gluten free oats, however you can use any kind of oats and I used almond butter and that can be switched out for peanut butter and for chocolate chips instead of using my home made ones I used the Enjoy Life Brand chocolate chips and they are allergy free.

1 comment:

  1. My boys and DH are "no bake" fiends. I want to try these out, what an awesome, more wholesome alternative!

    ReplyDelete