Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Slow Cooked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I have a million recipes that Ive been making in the last month however I wanted to get this posted since I had so many requests.

can of 15 oz pumpkin ( i got a great deal for this case of pumpkin through amazon at the end of December)
5 c water
1 1/2 c steel cut oats I used the bob's red mill gluten free steel cut oats hoewever  regular steel cut oats are fine
1/4 c honey
1Tbs maple syrup
1 tsp cinnanmon
1/2 tsp nutmeg


Mix everything in the crockpot and I would recomend using a 4qt size crockpot if you want to cook this overnight  for six hours. Since I turned the crockpot on but forgot to plug it in and I used my big 6qt slow cooker it only took 3hrs.

There are many places to get local honey and I like All about Bees in Ralston and Harvest Valley Foods in Bellevue and there is a place in Council Bluffs I get my local honey however I forget their name so will make sure I get that next time I go. I buy my honey by the gallon so it usually last me for 3 months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment