Monday, November 29, 2010

Answers to many questions and another cookie recipe

Grain free and Sugar free Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c applesauce
 1/3 flax seed
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
30 drop vanilla stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 c honey
1/2 c coconut oil
Mix all above with a mixer and then add 2 c almond flour and 1 c coconut flour and 2 tsp baking soda and 2 tsp baking powder. Then fold in 2/3 c chocolate chips.  Make into balls and slightly flatten and bake at 350 for 12 minutes. My family loves them and I just finished making these and made them last week also.

The Coconut oil can be purchased through amazon or Tropical Traditions and I have a note about Tropical Traditions on my new facebook page. I also I get my honey from Harvest Valley Foods in Bellevue, Nebraska. My vanilla stevia comes from http://www.iherb.com/default and my xanthan gum and coconut cider vinegar were purchased through http://www.azurestandard.com/ .

I have had some people question recently about why I eat the way I do and I want to explain that to those who dont know. I have really grown in the last year to have such a passion in nutrition and how food heals your body and I plan to go to school for nutrition. Its my life I could go on and on about soaking grains and how eating grain free heals your gut and the benefits of coconut oil. My favorite book that explains coconut oil and helps you lose weight is Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Sally Fallon . I have to say by changing my diet to eating gluten free and using coconut oil in everything I have lost weight without even trying! Some people may think eating gluten free is hard but its not. I currently do not have any family members who are diagnosed with celiac, however I have a lot of friends that have celiac and it is hereditary. I started to eat gluten free to heal my gut which was the main cause of my dermatitis - skin  problem with my hands and still continue to eat gluten free after seeing how it heals your body in many other ways. If you have stomach gas or headaches then eating gluten free can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment