Sunday, July 4, 2010

Festive 4th of July muffins

These are my festive muffins made with very few ingredients and raspberries and blueberries! I love this time of year  berry season! Also It just makes me feel good when Im cooking something with so few ingredients. Also even though a lot of my recipes have gone gluten free there it isn't like is that many hard to find ingredients in them. My biggest worries were the flours but there arent a million different flours in my recipes and I find all of them either in the health market section at Hy-vee or Bakers and Wholefoods. Since every store carries different products in their health section, they have a place where you can request something they dont have and Ive done that and my latest request was coconut milk kefir and I can wait to use that in replace of regular Kefir!

1c coconut flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
6 eggs beaten
2/3 c honey
2/3 c coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 c blueberries
1 c raspberries

1. whisk flour, salt and baking powder.
2. melt honey and oil in sauce pan and let cool comepletely and then mix in with eggs and vanilla.
3. mix wet and dry ingredients and then add in berries. fill muffin tins and makes about 20 muffins. bake 375 fir 25 min.
Enjoy! They are full of protein, fiber and good fats!! If you are not aware of this yet, coconut is a very good fat for you!!!! 


Now that is all my posting for today, hope you are enjoying my recipes and I hope I will get to post again! Its summer and I love to go to farmers market and bake and bake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment